Thursday, December 1, 2005

A Charger Masterpiece

   Who is the 1st photo ever to appear in my Charger blogdom? The maestro of San Diego, Drew Brees. I'm in a fine art frame of mind as I took the day off from Falafelville and headed to the Portland Art Museum for a few hours w/2 fine friends Sharon & Ellen. Iam not the cultural freak but fine art intrigues me. On and off the field. This day was off the field, but we will get to that.

  As bad as this sounds, as I viewed Monet's "Lily's on a Pond" I was running a video of Igor Olshanskey sacking Kerry Collin's this Sunday for 1st a punishing loss, then fumble, and Quentin J scooping it up and goin' to the house in my head. Ah, the great masters. Actually hung out there for 3 hrs and saw some trippy ass stuff. And some classics. Its a fun thing to do. Once every 5 yrs or so! I know there is a San Diego Sports Hall of Fame with a Charger section and I have never been so next game I'm gonna visit. They have lots of classic gear I hear. Enough of the art, this weekend we are gonna be Picasso and the Raiders are gonna be on a velvet canvas w/Elvis riding a burro.

    I have been thinking we are ripe to thump someone and it hasn't been happening. This game could be the cure of all ails. But it still is a AFC West thang so you never know. And its as Charger players and fans proclaim "Raider Week". More like Raider Weak! Couldn't pass on that opening, sorry. I will not go on a rant, ok well maybe a smaller scale one on how many ways there are to despise the Raiders. I proclaim the Raider bloggers on AOL as cool, even with their Raider affiliations. Underneath the road warrior shoulder pads, skull mask, and piles of Liza Minelli like makeup there can lurk the soul of a decent, uh descent human being. F that, on Sunday they all suck! Sorry boys, but keep the comments coming, cuz they are always funny as sh*t!

  A feature showcase on a Sunday night in moonlit San Diego with a rivalry game that is always red marked on my calender, witha stilletto stabbed through it. I view this as a mismatch, but this ain't basketball. But I just don't see Oakland stopping our running (LT) game at all. And once LT busts one or two and Eric Parker does the newly installed double reverse once and we get some big gainers...air mail baybee! A few years back when we had TD (Tim Dwight) he didn't do much but we would run one double reverse it seemed a game and it would always go for 30 to 40 yds, once. Then it was closed for business all the rest of the day, but I love that play when the Chargers use it in their repertoire. Hope they bust it out and it works on the Raiders. Get the Faders fixated on the run and then air it out and blow them out. This is what I see but not necessarily can be carved in stone. Lets see which Raider club shows up. They did whup Dallas remember.

  Crystal ball and score, not from me. But maybe 37-13? Then we play the Fish at home. I'm never looking past an opponent, but going into Indy in 3 weeks at 9-4 would not be a bad thing! Give them a real test. Although I hate domes and for some reason I feel the Bolts do better on grass, not the Jamaican variety, the turf. We reeled off 8 wins in a row last year so who's to say we won't do it again? We head into the home playoff stretch, and it ain't gonna be easy. If they rated pro like college in difficulty of schedule, we would be #1 in agonizing opponents. Where's our Texans? WAHHHHHH!

  One of my earlier blog statements has come to fruition. I said when we played the Raiders 12/4 their relevance would be that of the notorious Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Spoilers. That is where they are at and maybe shouldn't be give or take a few Kerry Collin's INT's. OK, alot of INT's. I never take the Raiders lightly, I'm a realist. I remember like around 1991 we went to LA, with a soon to be 4-12 Chargers team and beat them at home with John Friesz at the helm, HA HA!  In the Charger Bible the faithful call the Raiders and Satan (Al Davis) foray and short term time in the City of Angels as"the arrival of the G". This made the dreaded "doo rag" a part of Raider fashion fads. Fashions that went out when Emilio Estevez did his gay ass little "Footloose" dance in the "Breakfast Club" for no reason but to proclaim his atheletic gayness are still at the forefront of "to be seen in" Raider wear! With the acid washed jeans stuffed into old skool air jordan's. "Hey sailor, didja jump ship?"  Thinkin' Micheal J. Fox"Back to the Future". OK, a small rant on that army of "walk on background actors" they call the Raider Nation. Whenever I'm tailgating and see groups of dressed up Pirates and such gollyvanting around ala Errol Flynn in Raider regalia it always makes me think of the Zombies dancing in "Thriller". Totally lame...cept the Raider fans who can do the robot. I think a Raider fan produced and directed "Xanadu". Cause the Raiders are "Ishtar" in performance this year. George Blanda would be a better choice than Kerry for QB. From what I have seen, he sucks. Just an opinion.

  Bolts on a run and hopefully bowl over the dreaded Raiders.  So...wipe your feet when you step in my house, cuz you a small time playah, bout a 1/2 an ounce now! Thats to Micheal Irvin's "friend". Is your pal like Spongebob's "Bubble Buddy"? BOLTS BLUE, THROUGH N THROUGH...KEEP FAITH...DESTINY BE THINE.

  The San Diego Chargers host their AFC rivals, the Oakland Raiders, at the Qualcomm Stadium on Sunday night December 4th, 2005 at 5:30 p.m. Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer is 23-7 all-time as a head coach against the Raiders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thank monponsett for her patience and "Quai Chang's" master like patience in taking me through every possible step to put pics on the blog. Thanks again sweetie, u rawk!

Anonymous said...

Great entry. And I love the Flaming Lips.

Best,
jamie
www.sportsbloggerslive.com