Friday, November 3, 2006

The Grass Is Always Browner

 The Dawg Pound comes to SD to catch some rays and lose. My prediction. Big. 34-14, maybe. I don't see the Browns hangin' with us. Rueben Droughns is good. But the Wall and the banged up SD defense will rise. James Polk is ready in replacement of Shawne Merriman. Polk will make a big play. Like a TV cops "gut" feeling. Just have it. Hopefully we will play stand up run dee like we have consistently done and then the game is ours. Always factor in Charger unpredictability curve and our chances look pretty good.

  It seems the Browns beat the Jets last week, ok, were not the Jets boyeeeee. Seems we played the Browns alot in the 80's and I always looked forward to it, because it seemed even when we had poor seasons, we would at least beat them. I could be wrong, I'll look it up. This is in our hands, we should at least walk away with this in our liar. The 1-2 punch of LT/Turner will be too much for the CLE defense. Then we'll open it up. There will be a SD trick play, what do ya think?

  I looked it up. We have won the last two meetings and five of the last six. Good percentage and if I were in Vegas I'd take those odds! All time we lead the series 12-7-1, wonder when the tie was? The tie occured in a dismal year in Charger history. 1973, the Unitas year. We finished 2-11-1. As I was checking Charger records throughout the years I found a strange year I roughly remember. 1970. We finished 5-6-3. Talk about average. Funny, we were very close to winning 10 of those games we lost, most were within 3 or 4 and we lost them all. Knew I had deja vu going from childhood.

 We used to make fun of two of our RB's back then, Jeff Queen and Dickie Post. I kinda remember seeing some games and having Jeff Queen and Mike Garrett in my spokes. Browns are in our spokes....clickety slap...clickety biatch slap..clickety click! Remember Bolts, beat the teams your supposed to. This one by at least 2 TD's. And beat the good teams in the close ones dammit!

No comments: