Friday, December 28, 2007

We Win

 Just got back from the Blazers 12th in a row. I come from a life of 3 championships. I don't count the UCLA Bruins hoop that was part of SoCal growing up. Grew up on the Wooden Pyramid of success, damn that demon weed! I coulda been a contendah! Since UCLA 1975, I was 14 then, I have seen the 1974 Warriors, 77 Blazers, & 79 Sonics win. I was a freakin' kid. The Chargers though? Lifetime of crap! OK, not quite. Lotsa letdown. Lifetime of letdown. Hey Yankee dick or Red Sock, try bein' a Padre. Bein' this kinda fan is tough. It's like Keanu Reeves to Pat Swayze after all that surfin' and robbin', "Lose something brah?" Fuck, Pat thinks. I made it to the biggest wave, and the biggest swell, and the phat location. Now by the mercy of Keanu I get to commit suicide and get pummeled? Chargers are makin' that wave. I'm in reality about the current Blazers they will lose. But they are making a point. Bolts need 4 wins in a row to get to where they need to be. Yep.

DJ brought Seattle to the Championship world. Introduction, stage left:

5'5" and Lionel "Little Train" James shredded the Raiders in 1985. 345 all purpose yards. LT ain't little. Good luck Raidahs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twardzik, Gross, Hollins, Lucas and the Big Redhead! That was the first NBA season I paid attention to start to finish.  Too bad what happened to Walton with the injuries.  I loved that team especially when they beat the overpaid, overhyped Sixers.

I was starting to get nostalgic until you mention Point Break.  If there is a good Patrick Swayze movie, I haven't seen it.

Happy New Year!