Sunday, October 8, 2006

Soft Blue, Punishing the Black n Gold

A tale of two halves. We have allowed, I stress...allowed teams back into games. Your allowance is revoked! The Chargers are fer real. Freaks of the night, we don't die...seriel killahz! Where do I start? The 1st half defensive standoff? Marty ball? As the Padres lost on a cross screen, my eyes were glued to the Murph. I believe in karma and deja vu.

 This IS a rivalry. I wanna meet a surfer from Pittsburgh. I want to meet a surfer who moved to Pittsburgh. I'm in a bit of shock, and a bit o drunkedness.  Holy shit! Vougue by Madonna is pumpin' on the stereo. Beauty is where you find it. Piss off the pope and stiff upper lips...and crucify! Like Sinead O' Conner...HA!  Remember her? The tear. We ripped up the Pittsburgh Popes! Too cool. Domination. Only in the 2nd half.

 My day started waking up late, which I never do. But it was a late night and i kissed a young girls (legal age) belly button the night before, and de hexed the Chargers in the process. And when I turned on the TV I got the Eagles/Boyz. Watching that game I thought to myself...the Cowboys have no reason to be in a position to win this game with 2 minutes left. I so was thinking Chargers watching Philly struggle. When Lito intercepted for his 102 yd TD, all I could think in my head was the song "Lido Shuffle" by Boz Scaggs.

 Judas Priest was in the Murph...Screaming for Vengeance! And the deja vu was Pittsburgh coming off a bye week, AH GAIN! Not to be. Not gonna get it. No yah never gonna get it, no yah never gonna get it. NOT THIS TIME!

 Marty, what did you say at halftime? Talk about adjustments. The online San Diego Union Tribune's sports headline said it best...PARTYBALL! We came out en fuego baybee! Thanks for showing faith in Philip. Gates was involved. Parker had some great catches. Malcom who? Malcom Floyd coming into his own. Incredible acrobatic TD catch. Electric.

 One great game moment was a crucial 3rd and long in the 4th quarter. Rivers faded back, looked downfield, tucked the ball and ran for like 15 yds. 1st down! Veteran move. This guy is good.

 And the defense? Brutal. 2 INT's, Drayton's was highlight reel material. He litterally sprang like 5 feet in the air backwards and took the ball away. Beautiful. Lights out was lights out. Our linebackers and secondary are some of the best out there. And they are just starting to jell. Nate K was automatic and the long snapping was dead on. Wonder if they practiced that all last week after the Baltimore game?

 Claudia's Sports Bar was rawkin'! Mix of Padre (boo hoo) and Charger fans. 10 guys in unison singing the disco version of "San Diego SSSUUUPPPEERRR Chargers!" after every Bolt TD and INT in the 2nd half. Lotsa fun, always is when you win a big one. On a copyright note, I noticed the SD Union Tribune used a headline that said' "A River RunsThrough It" I headlined one of my blogs long ago with that moniker, so there Union Tribune! BOLTS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I had a good weekend until I read your blog.  Kissing a young woman's belly button, listening to Priest and watching your team win.  I'm getting jealous.