Sunday, November 6, 2005

How Much Can A Bolt Fan Take?

  Well I nailed the Chargers score dead on, 31 points. But the Jets who I said would tally 17 did alot better than that. 26 to be exact. We win precariously 31-26. Our timing for grandiose turnovers at the most inoppurtune times is uncanny, almost surreal. We were coasting, but not rolling. I think replacing Vinny w/Bollinger threw us for a loop and he played well. Now I'll say it, the Jets should have pulled this out. The Jets remained strong as alot of their roster was dropping like flies in an ice storm.

  I can't blame Drew for the late fumble, but I'm losing years off the back end of my life watching these games. We have a flair for making games dramatic when they never should have been. When the Jets got the unneccessary roughness penalty on Donnie Edwards' and had 1st and goal with time running out at the one I must admit, as die hard and positive as I try to be, I was sure we were going to lose, give it away. The dee stiffened. And our pourous pass dee came alive on those last 4 downs. I say good job defense, but again, never should have come down to that. Who needs nail clippers when you root for the Bolts? I was wishing I wore sandals so I could bite my toenails, ewwwww!

  LT. One man wrecking crew. The complete offensive player and more. Ran for 3 TD's and caught one. He had 107 yds. rushing and I'm not sure of this stat, butI think we haven't lost when he rushes for more than 100 this season. Gates was fantastic as usual. The WR's were fairly quiet all afternoon. The defense was only adequate, and pass dee was weak but rose when it needed to. All in all, its in the W column and thats all that matters to me. But it would be nice to just roll it up like we did against NE and the NY Giants, but nooooooo.

  Finish, finish, finish. The jugular baybee. We have let everyone hang close, too close. We have the talent to rip teams like this. But we don't. The Brees fumble was hard to take at the point in the game where it came. I almost lost it and expletives flowed from my mouth. How many times can this happen to one team? Hopefully not much more. We'll come off the bye week strong. Kinda funny how we have played 4 teams coming off their bye week. Thanks schedule makers, I know you didn't mean it, right! I drank so much coffee my hands are shaking like Axl Rose after a week long bender. Caffiene and adrenalin, not the good kind of adrenaline, the nervous kind, was rushing through my body the entire 4th quarter.

  The other thing that ticks me and some may call it "west coast paranoia" is the freakin' announcers are biased as hell. They say some good sh*t about LT, but rave on about the heart of the Jets, and Brooks, and Martin. It gets old. The proof is on the field gentleman. Us "Westies" all think the media never gives any of our teams credit and I thoroughly believe it. Shut the f*ck up Jets homers. Its a downer and there is a world west of the mighty Mississippi. And it includes the Chargers so get used to it. We took out both teams from the Apple (Jersey) this year and it can't be undone. I like fairly impartial broadcasters on the nat'l level. If I lived in SD I would turn down the sound on the TV and listen to the local "homer" broadcast on local radio. Hank Bauer knows how to call a game and it would be my choice to listen to some positive than 3 hrs of "Whats gonna happen to the Chargers now?" I see where it comes from but bite me, ok?

  So as much as I hate byes, this one comes at a perfect time. Were gonna refresh like Febreeze and make Buffalo burgers out of the Bills in 2 weeks, mark my words. Then on to DC where we'll put down Marky Mark and the Redskin Funky Bunch. What am I gonna do next week? Byessuck but this is a good one. Maybe I'll bake cookies and drink Pinot Grigio and get in touch w/my feminine side. Rent a copy of "Fried Green Tomatos". Or knit a Charger sweater or some Bolt coasters to drink my Patron' shots on. Nah. I'll watch some games and hope for a little help, anything that helps the Chargers. But its difficult to not look forward to Sunday. Good job in the end SD, Bolts...we got the power.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much can a bolt fan take? SHeesh, at least you guys pulled it out. How much can a Raider fan take?! This endless teasing is going to be the death of me I tell ya. HOw on earth do we put ourselves in the thick of the division race, then two minutes later find ourselve on the outside looking in? I'll tell you how, Norv Turner and Kerry Collins! And that defensive coordinator too. Hell, get rid of the coaching staff...and take the QB too. In order to make the playoffs (yeah right) we have to win out, and yes, that game on Dec. 4 will be meaningful, but to who? The way things are looking, it'll be more urgent for you guys to win than for us to win. I guess the last thing to die is hope, so here's hoping that you give us a little help in the division, God knows we need it.

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it...wait, no I don't. THE RAIDAHS SUCK BIG HORSE DONG SLOWLY! I'm like Mark, how much more of this embarrassment can a real fan take? Either way, I won't jump ship. But if we lose to the Redskins on Sunday, you're gonna hear a BIG ASSED BANG! That will be me just blowing the f**k up! But I won't get drunk. LOL

Anonymous said...

On off-weeks, I root for the better players of conference rivals to be injured.