Monday, December 20, 2004

AFC Western Division Champions

Nobody out there in the real world would have predicted this. The Chargers clinched the AFC West, on the road, in the snow! I've only seen snow for a Charger game on Playstation 2. 18 degrees, wind chill 10 degrees. Whats a team to do? RUN! Brees had only 6 pass attempts the whole game. LT 111 yds, Chatman 48. I was deja vu ing, it so reminded me of the 1982 AFC Champonship against the Bengals. I give a big shout out to KC for putting Denver out to pasture. To the Raider fan who commented on my blog basically saying the Chargers suck and were going to head into one of their slides, and questioned my intelligence, looks like I'm Mensa material now and you can have your junior college team and January off! Again I stress, 10 yr anniversary of our 1994 Super Bowl appearance. Let's go get one, as good a shot as any AFC team. Granted, we beat an ailing Browns club...we pummeled them with brute force. The Chargers just don't do snow, its a rep they may shed in the playoffs. Next week we challenge the Colts. Colts: great offense, no defense. Chargers: good offense, adequate defense but with big play and turnover capability at any time. I factor in it in Indy and its close to a dead heat. Our superior defense gives us the edge I feel. Chargers win a close one hopefully. Our watering hole had 4 Charger fans and the Bloody Mary's were flowing so I broke my coffee promise. The Gate's reception sure got us hopping. I see the Steelers in our crystal ball, repeat 94 all over again. Maybe New England or Buffalo...or Jax? I'm a Charger fan and I'm talking about playoff scenarios, ain't it awesome. This is sweet. Maybe I will listen to William Hung's version of "We Are The Champions" so I can laugh at all of the doubters, and those who chose to insult me and my team. Yeah, right back at ya! OUT! PS As in SHUT OUT!

No comments: