Friday, November 16, 2007

That's The Facts, JAX!

  No trash talkin' till we prove it. Yes, we beat Indy. But we made every play we could in the 4th quarter to give the game back. Our offense is off. Venateri missing a 29 yd chip shot to win in the waning seconds was Charger Jesus intervention.  We had every right to win, then fought for the right to lose! Rivers is on another planet. I have a prediction for this game, we are going to run, ALOT. This is gonna be one tough game I feel. least it won't be snowing. We will basically be in San Diego East this Sunday, so weather will be no factor less it's pouring rain. Then we'll run more. I have one question for Norv, then Philip. Are you going to use Antonio Gates? He is tall and pretty good. Oh, Philip is throwing duck decoys and has no confidence you say? Got it. Believe it too.

 Rumor has it Jax qb David Garrard coming back I hear so they will be on an up for sure. Fred Taylor must be stopped. He has lost a step, but not that much. He just as much run through you as around you. This team just beat Vince Young and the Titans with back up qb David Gray. Usually I'd be talkin' lotsa shite but I have been humbled by the state of our team. An opportunistic defense with many interceptions has helped, especially the LT of the defense, Antonio Cromartie. We have as many total INT's halfway through this season as all of last year. Jax will run also I feel. Maurice Jones-Drew (I love hyphenated names!) is pretty good in his own right. Our dee is overall like 27th ranked! I think if you take out the Minnesota Petersen game, and I bet we are still pretty good against the run. We have talented and motivated players. We need to be cohesive with the talent. Keep up the heat. Freakin' go for the jugular. We played like sh*t against Indy, led 23-7 going into the 4th. That's a glass half empty half full syndrome. We are winning handily at that moment, then just to pieces. Again, the Rivers fumble in the end zone was Garo Yepremian like, or a Dave Krieg. He pulled a Krieg.That put Indy right back in it, and they expended zero energy doing it. And the 2 point conversion, sheesh.

 What Charger team will show? It's hard to tell. I would have to give Jax the edge with the home field. On paper we are superior, then we step on the field with Norv at the helm. Puts fear in me from what I've seen. We could blow this team out if we played some Martyball. Or they could return the favor. Yeah, I wanted Marty out. But unlike an unbending Republican, I can change my opinion. Wish he was here. But as an attached signing statement I'd like to say that even in my wildest nightmares did I think the Bolts would replace him with Norv! I like the guy who wears the emotion on the sleeve, ala Cowher ex coach of the Stillers. You could give Norv a hot foot and he would show no emotion. You could fire up the air raid siren and he'd just look to the sky with a steely stare and wait for the bombs, and show no emotion or heaven forbid...change the outcome. A team can portray the demeanor of they're coach a little...and we are.

Stop Fred, increase chances of winning greatly. Not to jinx, but a man older than St. Nick plays for the Jags, Jon Carney. He has to be my age, like 46, right? Get'em Bolts.

No comments: