Wednesday, January 5, 2005

They Call Me the Brees

OK, as for last week's game we beat KC...good. Flutie and Rivers and the subs got to play which is also good for us cause you never know. But onto the real deal. We play the Jets in our house. Time to take it to the next level and also get some payback when it counts most. I feel our team has vastly improved since week 2's loss to the Jets. Brees was benched and the QB thing was in turmoil. Not now. We know who our man is, and we are going to the trenches with him. Playing the Jets is scary. Like being strapped down and forced to listen to Aqua's "Barbie Girl" on a 12 hour loop! Or maybe just one Ashlee Simpson halftime gig. She will be doing parties at Chuck E Cheese's within 6 months. Oh, back to the game...I'm freakin' haunted by that moment. Sorry. The run. Our dee is strong. Curtis Martin is strong also. Iam very optimistic about his containment. I think we are all going to see a defense possessed. We are on the stage, national TV. You don't think Donnie Edwards wants to show who the man is, cuz he's one of many on our team. He must have a little ESP. Some of those interceptions look almost like he ran a route in reverse of the receiver he intercepted, only to leap right before and take it away in stride! Thats deeper than Stephen Hawking, huh? Our secondary must bring it. Peyton and Vick ripped us late. The game is 60 minutes and 4 quarters and you gotta sustain it for the entire time. Not 3 3/4 quarters. I'm confident our young defense will be energized by the electricity of Qualcom (OK, the Murph) offers them on Big Saturday. We'll show up, for sure. And I feel the dee is ready and able to stun the Jets. I attended a game in 1995 in Jersey Giants stadium, where the Bolts clinched the AFC West that year. It always made me wonder, where do the Jets call home? But the fans were all cool to me (and totally drunk!) in Joisy, so no disrespect to Jets fans. Some were a little boisterous towards the absolute hottie I was with, but hey, its NY and its Jets football. Thats all and anything good I will say about the Jets, OK? I had these strange Shamen like visions the other night of Chad Pennington looking like a deer caught in the headlights. And constantly being swarmed, sacked, harrased and pressured.The dreams were kinda like those totally annoying Capital One ad's pumped into our brains as we watch our beloved game, except the barbarians slay everyone in the mall anyway even if they use the stupid card...yep...thats what I see. I'm hoping those stupid beer referees come to my Charger party. It would be more cool if they were "Corona" refs and replaced the Bud Light with Coronas! Its obvious they have implanted in my brain...back to task at hand as Snoop would say. Offense. Charger offense. Potent. I feel we will be poised even though this is uncharted territory for many in Charger uniforms. Have faith in Drew. And LT. Antonio G, cuz as high as he can leap and catch what he does, it ain't been nuthin' but a G thang baybee...all year. I feel he will be a key element against the Jets. Just watch. The O line is solid. Fullback Neal seems invisible except for how big he is in the backfield at times because he dosen't get the ball much. Look for Neal to make some pivitol blocks and open some lanes that may change the outcome or momentum of the game. Eric Parker...prove it dude. We know your good and this is your time. Not sure of Keenan's status, but if he plays, experience pays. Trust in the San Diego offense. Confidence they have yes. Hey that sounded Yoda ish! One minor worry I have is special teams, which have been pretty good...but have given up some big returns and scores. The one against Indy was like the whole Charger team was tased after that. Looking for a huge special teams play early, or a defensive turnover. Timmy Dwight, bad toe and all...has one in em. I can feel it. Special teams, another key. I have a feeling on the special teams, a biggie for us. Just a hunch. I'm not omnipotent. You know...its like the "lucky hat" or something. Has nothing to do with the outcome in reality most likely, but you'll keep wearing it till the good things stop. I'm just saying maybe its adrenaline talking, but I just feel it. Its just me and I'm allowed. Were gonna ground the Jets in SD. Ice their wings. I won't make any bad plane crash jokes due to the current state of the world though. I also had another disturbing dream, but a cool one nontheless. Pee Wee Herman on the cruiser jumping over that house in front of all those BMX kids in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure". A kid shouted,"AWESOME!" Pee Wee stops the bike, turns to the group of kids and says, "I totally meant to do that!" In my dream though, he was wearing a Charger throwback helmet! See you Saturday in the house that Drew, LT, and Marty have built in 2004-5 season. Lets protect the house boyz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we may still have room in the jets fan club...marty will never win another playoff game...brees is gone fyi...now you have rivers in command!