Wednesday, November 3, 2004

Annihl Nation

OK, so this just wasn't a victory. It was a good old fashioned whippin' w/the ole willow switch, and the Raiders were the ones bent over! To all you aggressive, violent over the top Raider fans...you get what you deserve. I must admit as I roamed the parking lot on a mild warm day in San Diego at the Q, draining Pacificos and a few shots of Patron' Silver, it was mostly good natured fun between rival fans. Then there are the "nuthin' but a gee thang baybee" fans who threaten and intimidate. I dealt w/one of them later. Yours truly also broke up a brutal fight in the men's restroom, with authoritah' as "Cartman" would put it. Yes, the Halloween parade of skull and Darth costumes abounded, they were soon reduced to the stature of Jar Jar Binks, comedy relief and stuttering their words. I witnessed drunken beautiful young surfer girls do things with strategically shaped clown balloons to show their skills in the art of amour that would make Jenna Jameison blush, or at least join in! I had a great time and my kudos even to Raider fans, in my section they were congratulatory, most saying they would get us next time. It will be in 2 weeks or so in Oakland...and I seriously doubt it. The Amtrak train I took down from my home in Portland, Oregon had quite a few Raider fans on it and NO Charger fans, I took a little flak and heard boasts of imminent victory. The funny was, I rode back with almost all who were on the train when I went down, some saw me and said nothing...embarrassed. Most shook my hand and one even shot the breeze with me and bought the beer in the club car! To the game...what do I say? It was "Shock and Awe" from the beginning. My favorite highlight was Antonio Gates slam dunking the crossbar after a TD catch! Tim Dwight hauled in a beauty, 1 catch for the game, one TD. A nice kick return also. Too much to detail, it never stopped in this onslaught! This group is jelling and will only get better, I refuse to believe or even consider a Charger collapse this season. I feel we will own New Orleans next week, there will be no letdown. We have been in the games we lost till the end and should have beat Atlanta, alas we didn't get it done. But that was then and this is now, hey...wasn't that a song by my favorite 80's band "ABC"? I will return but I'm still super tired still from the laborious train ride back so I will post more later. GO SAN DIEGO SUPERRRRRR CHARGERSSSSSSSSS! 2004 we were pretty much picked by all media and publications to be el lasto, as the English Beat would say to the critics, "Wha 'Appen"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, hats off to the Chargers and their fans. I've got to say, I was surprised to see the Spanos act out of character and make a trade for McCardell. That's gives you at least 4 legit weapons in Brees, Tomlinson, Gates, and McCardell. I'm not convinced though. They are going to get the teeth of the schedule coming after the bye (Sans My Raiders) and the Chargers typically start their nose dive in about two weeks. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way...oh, except in two weeks.