Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Mediocre Get Tested

I have neglected my barely read blog, that was once the toast of the net. I watched my 1st full length game at Claudia's, at home VS KC, and we didn't look to much like contenders. Holding off a gutsy 2 pt conversion call at the end by KC and the mighty Tyler "Pigpen" Thigpen. He fought for every yard and damn near got us and our pumice defense. A 1-8 team had us, in OUR house. My 1st viewing of a complete game was a sorry one despite the W. It has come full circle. The Chargers must win...NOW. @ Pittsburgh! We have a good history in Steel Town. The best was 94-95, the upset miracle that put us in our only Super Bowl, the "throwback" year. powder blues rocked the NFL all the way to defeat against the mighty 49ers, still loved it. Tyler Florence cooked my little Super Bowl party, no shit. I lived in NYC then. But this is now, huh? We are at a dissappointing 4-5, but alas, we are in the now weaker AFC West, we are in the thick of it. We have no rep to fall back on. Last year a little maybe. We always underwhelm when expected. I'll take a hot streak, we have the talent. We can beat the Stillers, thats Pittsburghese, Stillers. Thanks for being a blue state PA. And blue you will be this Sunday I hope. I'm a realist, we are total dogs in this one. Underdog can rise. So can a team. Here comes the gipper shit..WE CAN! The Chargers can win under Obama, we are undefeated since he got elected! The Chargers CAN!

I'm only going on a positive campaign for the 2nd half. Like "Joe the Plumber" the ass said, I don't know but you look it up! We need to do the work. And make it work on the field. Norv, nut it up. Dee, super nut it! The rise needs to be on the dee. Cromartie, be the back. Lots goin' on wrong.

Hey, in unrelated rock news, Mitch Mitchell, drummer of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, died at 61 yrs of age at the Benson Hotel here in Portland OR last night. Trippy. To my friend Chris with the glittery eyes who is cool, hey, guess your a part of history now. Haven't checked to see, did the show go off before the passing? Oh, I bet Mitch didn't get a hot batch from some seedy Portland dealer, huh? I'm just curious. Cuz it is here. I don't touch it, but I see it on occassion you see it. RIP Mitch...Stone Free, from Portland to? Like DIO...It's Heaven & Hell!

My seats suck but rule at the same time! We are the workin' class. No doubt. We got country up in the 329 and some kind of pseudo goth punk. Hell yeah. Takes all kinds. Like Peter Griffin said, "World turn, round n round" I'm enjoying it and am thinking the most positive thoughts for Blazer success this year. Internet is still out, it is pouring, and it is 4 minutes to gametime. As Elvis Castello said back in the day, "RADIO, RADIO!" You better do what you are told, you better listen to the radio! Another time. I'm tuning in now. Oh, I'm mixing my San Diego and Portland now.

No comments: