Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Battle of San Diego

 I feel it too. That little bit of SD anxiety and worry. All the sports talk shows are saying it. We are an unproven playoff team and Rivers played lousy the last 4 games and he will be a liability. It's possible. I'm amongst the minority who totally believe with a tiny twinge of doubt. I remember this about the 2006 season, did we ever not just totally not show up? NEVER. We even almost won the two we lost at Baltimore and KC. When Rivers is down, others step up. We have a team. We have a defense with Merriman. The Pats are elite in the playoffs, like 11-1 or something. Thats hard to beat. But we may be developing our own mini dynasty and we need to knock them off their pedestal.

 I have returned from working in 30 degree weather and listening to all sportsradio proclaim the Chargers demise and mighty NE and the sweatsuited genius Bellechick. I swear I think I only heard Colin Cowherd on his show say he liked the Chargers. Trey Wingo said we were toast basically. I like Colin, Rome's act is getting old. That's so funny I spit coffee on my monitor Jim, for like the last 7 years. Boring.Anywho. They're opinions mean nothing to me. It's like musician's who win Grammy's. A nod to the mainstream opinion. Well guess what ESPN bad suit wearin' so called experts, I'm goin' against the grain on this one and picking the Chargers. Wonder why? C'mon now. This is a biased blog to the bone.

 I hear the cries of Marty's 5-12 record in the playoffs. And Bellichick's near perfection. He is 11-1 or 12-2, nothing to sneeze at. I think Marty is an old dog who has taken on a few new tricks this year and is not afraid to use them. And he will pull out all the stops with Cameron's help and all the coaches. The players are for sure more psyched than they have ever been in their careers. I would be lying if I didn't say this is a VERY dangerous team and has the tools to best us. I think we have a few more tools in the chest. No, not that kind of tool silly! There is a playoff game in San Diego this Sunday. The city is ready for it. And all will be watching.

 GO CHARGERS!!!

No comments: